SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum

Short vs. Tall, Strength vs. Hypertrophy1486

ectomorph94 private msg quote post Address this user
First question. Why is it easier for shorter guys to pack on muscle? I'm tall and lean and feel like I work out much harder for similar gains.

Second question. Just read the PHAT workout, amazing stuff. However since I've only recently started strength workouts at the gym as it is, should I wait to gain a bit more strength before jumping into PHAT? I just want aesthetics.

Cheers,
Ecto
Post 1 • IP   flag post
WaxyLizard private msg quote post Address this user
Our muscles are longer that's why we don't look as good when we gain
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Post 4 • IP   flag post
PittMuscle private msg quote post Address this user
Muscle weighs the same no matter what height you are. Someone tall like us puts on 10 pounds over our body, in comparison to someone shorter(manlet status) putting on 10 pounds, the manlet is going to appear bigger. We're still technically putting on the same amount of muscle.

Think of it this way, it might take longer, but tall guys look hella better when we're jacked(imagine someone with similar genetics at 5'5 vs 6'3) than manlets do(my opinion).

No offense to the short guys out there =D

And you can definitely start the PHAT workout, you'll just have to adjust it like Layne suggests until you're ready to handle it. However, i'd recommend building up some strength for a couple months and then switching over.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
luka private msg quote post Address this user
im short..5'7..

what pitt said is true...

forever a manlet

putting my head down in shame
Post 6 • IP   flag post
JJ3065 private msg quote post Address this user
I like this topic. I am 6'4, yeah fucking deal with it, and I always ponder this question. Tall guys got it rough in the gym, but when we get big...WE ARE fucking big. Not like the 5'5 130lbs lil bro.

But hey, you got to play the hand you were dealt.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Ttime21 private msg quote post Address this user
Hell yeah man, im 6'3 and have looked like a toothpick all my life it helps push me in the gym that much harder to get huge
Post 8 • IP   flag post
PittMuscle private msg quote post Address this user
I'm 6'4 as well, gotta love it, so do the women haha I do think we're kind of close to being TOO tall though. IMO, 6'6+ and you're just too lanky. 6'1 though 6'4ish is the perfect height to me.

Luka, at least with shoes on you're probably 5'8 if not taller, manlet status definitely isn't as noticeable!
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
ppl with shorter arms and legs are usually stronger cus they have a shorter range of motion. there range of motion wud be like partials for me. i have long arms but in only like 5'6 to 5'8 . i have a long range of otion but im not making excuses but ya it is true that shorter guys fill out quicker and is easier for them to move weight in most cases
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Christf private msg quote post Address this user
SUCKS2BE TALL

You gotta eat more, you gotta spend a lot more money than us. GG
Post 11 • IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Tallness is one of the classic features women look for, also dat reach.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
If you are taller, you are probably ecto so have naturally thinner joints anyway (look at wrist of ecto vs meso or endo).
Then, our arms are longer so think about moments in physics - technically more weight in Newtons is acting on our arms or whatever muscle you are working on almost all movements.
To top it off we have to then move the weight further thanks to our longer arms.
If a shorter person has to move the weight only 80% of the distance of a taller than after 10 reps the tall guy has done 2 more reps worth (not exactly but you get what I mean) as well as moments acting on it making it heavier.
LOL
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Endo Ecto and Meso have almost no relation to height.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
Endo Ecto and Meso have almost no relation to height.

I disagree but everyone has their own opinion.
Obviously not every tall person out there is an ecto, but if someone is an ecto, chances are they aren't that short.
Think about friends and family and their bodytypes.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
It's not an opinion.

Your body type has almost nothing got to do with height, just because you see tall slim people does not mean tallness is more likely in ectomorphs.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
This site has plenty of examples of ecto manlets who now look meso since they put onw eight, it's deceiving I agree.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
seansm10 private msg quote post Address this user
^ im 5'7-5'8 ecto
Post 18 • IP   flag post
wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
I argue with one of the little big guys in the office all the time. He looks bigger than me but I'm 6 inches taller. He can lift more on some moves and I tell him it's cause he doesn't have to move the weight as far as I do to complete the full range of motion.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
^ if he be boasting n shit then chokeslam the little cunt :L

my friwnds that r short and blocky r stronger than me but if we r messin like fighting joking i can push them around easily ,its funny cus wen we step in the gym their weights r a lot heavier in most cases
Post 20 • IP   flag post
luka private msg quote post Address this user
6'0 is best height by far...

im around 5'8 with shoes lol, most girls i know make me look like a dwarf
Post 21 • IP   flag post
ya id say between 5'10 and 6'1 is the best. i doubt im done growing tho. might get to 5'10 if im lucky
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
It's not an opinion.

Your body type has almost nothing got to do with height, just because you see tall slim people does not mean tallness is more likely in ectomorphs.

OK, show me the huge table of height vs bodytype that you seem to have! What I mean is, back it up if you want to tell me my opinion is wrong.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
most ectos r taller but u can get shorter ones such as myself but im not even done growing at all so i could reach 7' still :L
Post 24 • IP   flag post
278646 24 24
destitute