SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum
AbsCardioFemale FitnessSquatsTraining Programs

New in the gym18694

Sistablister private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone I am new to this whole working out thing and I am really excited about it! I have a few questions I was hoping some of you may be able to help.

I am 32 year old woman 5'2 115lbs. I never really worked out because I guess I thought I did not need to as I never really gained any weight. Look at myself now getting older I am finding that I'm not as happy with that and also that I am slowing down a bit.

I am not really looking to loose any weight just tone and get rid of a bit of belly fat. Most importantly becoming stronger. I got a gym membership about 3 weeks ago and have been going 3 to 4 times a week and then doing a little bit of home workouts as well one day a week and a hike here and there. In the gym I do about 45 min weight training and 35 min on the elliptical. At home about 30 min things like lunges, squats and sit-ups.

What I wanted to know is am I first doing ok with my schedule?
How long till I start to feel a real change?
How many reps and sets should I be doing?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Read the FAQ thread. Lots of info there. -3X
Post 2 • IP   flag post
jamiee321 private msg quote post Address this user
I would be focusing your efforts towards weight training rather than cardio. Also, body weighted lunges and squats probably won't produce noticeable results. Ensure you are eating enough to sustain your training. One of the biggest mistakes women make when they jump into a new training program is undereating! This might assist you https://blog.dukesgym.com.au/blog/portion-sizes-are-you-eating-enough/
Post 3 • IP   flag post
eknight private msg quote post Address this user

-3X
Post 4 • IP   flag post
337878 4 4
destitute