SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum
ArmsPhysiqueSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Skinny arms18863

peterholt private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,

What’s the best training routine to maximize arm gains?

I’m not training just to get big arms, I have pretty skinny arms and would like to put on some arm mass as I’m an athlete.

I’m happy with my strength: 200lb bench (7 reps x 3 sets), 400lb squat (7 reps x 3 sets) and size of other muscles (still quite skinny, but okay compared to arms).

Could you please include reps/sets/rest/number of exercises, briefly why it would be the best routine and if you know an article can you link it.

Appreciate your knowledge
Post 1 • IP   flag post
jostrosky private msg quote post Address this user
You don't need specific arm days. All you need is a few sets of bicep after a pull day or a few sets of triceps on a push day. Your development of your arms is going to be with the entire program you utilize not just a specific arm day blast
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Salokin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterholt
I’m happy with my strength

I don't understand what you mean by this ^^^
LOL
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
So you're content with your lifts and you're not even repping 225 on the benchpress?

I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe you're repping out 400 when you squat, but you haven't figured out yet that generic arm routines aren't sufficient.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@peterholt Everything you need to know is here and here.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jostrosky
You don't need specific arm days. All you need is a few sets of bicep after a pull day or a few sets of triceps on a push day. Your development of your arms is going to be with the entire program you utilize not just a specific arm day blast

Hey jostrosky,

Thanks for your reply. So a full-body program (say 4 days, exercising muscles twice a week) would generate greater arm gains than say working out biceps and triceps twice a week each?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
@peterholt Everything you need to know is here and here.

Sorry, just saw a long list of threads, didn't see the stars for the 'sticky' ones, I'm obviously new to the forum lol. I read the routine design and had a look at the training programs. The example from the routine design seems like quite a lot (especially Day 1)? Same with PHAT.

The one my trainer/nutritionist gave me is a 3-2 split (3 days heavy - 5 reps/3 sets, 3 days light - 10 reps/3 sets) with 3 pairs of exercises a day (supersets).

Could you recommend the name of a program? Most of the ones from the FAQ seem to be focused on strength (obviously you will gain size from them too, but what would be the best one to maximize gains - particularly arms?)
Post 7 • IP   flag post
jostrosky private msg quote post Address this user
@peterholt if you are going to do a full body workout then all you only should go 3 days per week. If you want to go 4 days then I suggest upper/lower/upper/lower with rest days in between. Hit your arms after each upper day and you will hit them twice in a week
Post 8 • IP   flag post
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Focus on getting stronger and training movements, not muscles and the growth will come. -3X
Post 9 • IP   flag post
MiaMilner private msg quote post Address this user
Workouts like Shoulder Press, standing raise, T push ups are very effective in getting rid of the arm fat.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Salokin private msg quote post Address this user
Correction- arm workouts may help build additional muscle mass in the arms making the amount of fat appear less.

Caloric deficits are very good at getting rid of arm fat.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMilner
Workouts like Shoulder Press, standing raise, T push ups are very effective in getting rid of the arm fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salokin
Correction- arm workouts may help build additional muscle mass in the arms making the amount of fat appear less.

Caloric deficits are very good at getting rid of arm fat.

Hey guys,

My arms are just bone and a bit of muscle, I am just wanting to add some more muscle.

@Salokin forgot to reply to your first post. I meant I am solely aiming to increase arm muscle mass (not worrying about increasing strength atm as I have mainly focused on getting stronger since I started lifting).
Post 12 • IP   flag post
lolssons private msg quote post Address this user
I would suggest continue with whatever it is you are doing but add in extra armwork at the end of your workouts 3days a week for like 4sets of biceps and 4set of triceps per workout the added volume will for sure make your arms bigger if you are in a callorie surplus.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
337130 13 13
destitute