SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum

How often should i refeed now18922

robinxchrom private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, I've been doing 7 day refeeds for the majority of my cut. 2100 calories. Decided to slash calories down to 1900 last week to try and get rid of the last few stubborn lbs. I also upped cardio from 300 calories to 500 calories.

It went well, saw fat come off problem areas.

I'd say I'm about 9-10%.
*12-15%

At the present I'm a bit stuck how much I should be refeed. I'm lifting about 5-6x a week, 500 calories of cardio a day. I feel like the mirror is looking good but I'm feeling tired and quite flat. Is it worth refeeding every 3-4 days instead now that I'm a lot leaner than when I started?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
You're in a caloric deficit, you're working out almost every day, you're doing cardio every single day, and you're 9 percent bodyfat. Assuming you are natural, of course you are going to look flat. You're becoming a cardio bunny. Bulk.

And someone correct me if i'm wrong because I don't do scheduled refeeds, but shouldn't refeeds be done just once a week, especially at a lower bodyfat percentage?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
I want to cut a little more before I commit to a bulk. My last bulk lasted a year. I plan for my next one to be slower but last for a 1-2 years with a mini cut or two.

Refeeds are done related to metabolism. The leaner you are in general, the more refeeds you can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REAxeTWo1QM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDPpc1Yazs
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I've never once heard or read that refeeds should be done every single day. But later today i'll check that out.

There's no pictures of you to see, but if you're truly 9 percent. Bulk.

But serious question, why do you want to be below 9 percent anyway? The lower you go, your hormone levels continue to drop, you develop vitamin/mineral deficiencies, etc.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Yeah true!! I'm probably not 9%. Probably around 12-14% hence wanting to cut a few more lbs off. I'll upload a video.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
I've never once heard or read that refeeds should be done every single day. But later today i'll check that out.

There's no pictures of you to see, but if you're truly 9 percent. Bulk.

But serious question, why do you want to be below 9 percent anyway? The lower you go, your hormone levels continue to drop, you develop vitamin/mineral deficiencies, etc.

Also I never said refeeds should be done every single day. I've read many many theories that the leaner you are, the more frequent you should refeed.

I want to get lean as lean as I possible can. Thats my aim, mainly just because I want to. I'm not a fan of blubber in the summer.

Edit:

I've just seen where the confusion stemmed from!! I meant in my first post, I refeed every 7 days!! Not that i refeed straight for 7 days hahaha!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinxchrom
Edit:

I've just seen where the confusion stemmed from!! I meant in my first post, I refeed every 7 days!! Not that i refeed straight for 7 days hahaha!

Haha looks like that clears up all the confusion then
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Haha yup! I see people such as Christian Guzman going deep into prep and upping his carbs whilst still losing weight and find the science behind it really quite fascinating.

This whole simplified cut calories/increase activity formula .
Post 8 • IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
in my eyes refeeds do not need to be a scheduled day/feel.

They are more of a mental break than. If you are going crazy eating your low cal foods, replace your salad with a guilt free steak and potatoes one day and that will get you all out of whack.

Some people are better than others when it comes to dieting. All about keeping the mind healthy while you literally make the body suffer.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
338457 9 9
destitute