SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum
CuttingDiet AdvicePhysique

Advice on last part of my cut19059

strengthathletics private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, frustrated with this last bit of belly fat that I'm trying to shred and all I care about is getting rid of these last few pounds/softness. Has anyone successfully been at my point and was able to cut the fat? How many pounds do you think I have left? I have another 5 weeks left to cut before a vacation and was wondering what my best plan is to do so. I'm in a ~500 cal deficit IIFYM lifting heavy 3 times a week. Stats: 28yo, 6'0, 176lb. Lifts b/s/d: 190/240/310x5.

http://imgur.com/a/phM4C
Post 1 • IP   flag post
here's some standing pictures

http://imgur.com/skU5Xnz
http://imgur.com/4xeX5t7
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Yeags private msg quote post Address this user
You have too much fat to go stop eating all together 🙄🙄🙄
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Wat
Post 4 • IP   flag post
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Doesn't look like bf% is your issue. Your abs aren't as developed as the rest of you. Shoulda trained them harder. What's your core routine look like? -3X
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I bulked doing PHUL and then PHAT over the winter with weighted crunches and hanging leg raises. On my cut, doing Phrak's GSLP with the same ab work and managed to slightly increase the weights. Actual ab work is 3x10-15 115#s
Post 6 • IP   flag post
So all you're doing is crunches and leg raises (which actually only dynamically work the hip flexors, not the abs) for 3 sets once a week? Or is that twice? Either way, that's not nearly enough. That's what I would focus on. -3X
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Yeah, combined with deadlifts/squats. I do those weighted crunches 3x a week. I see how that could be insufficient ab work when you put it that way. Thanks man. I just always believed that it's about cutting the fat to have abs as long as you have decent lifts. I have some outlines of upper abs but realise that I don't have anything to pop in the lower area, but it's not that I'm expecting a crazy six pack if i'd continue to cut, just to get that area to tighten up and stop being flabby.

So, could I continue to cut but up ab work? Would that tighten up my lower belly?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
It wouldn't hurt. It's going to be hard to make appreciable gains while in a kcal deficit. FWIW, it's a myth that squats and deads work the midsection sufficiently. -3X
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Cool, thanks a lot eknight. I'll keep cutting for the next 5 weeks until my trip and hope that increased ab work will help tighten that ish up. Not too sure of ab work, but considering your ''routine design 4 dummies'' post, could that be along the lines of:
3x10-15 hyperextensions
3x10-30 l-sit holds/front lever work
3x10-15 w crunches
3x10-15 russian twists
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Not a fan of Russian twists. I would personally run:

1. Superset: V-ups/sprinter sit-ups/toe touches 3 sets of 20 each
2. Swiss ball crunches with weight 3-4 x 10-12
3. Planks 3x failure
4. Reverse hypers 3x 10-12

Twice a week. -3X
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Awesome, much obliged
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Jesus private msg quote post Address this user
Do standing ab-wheel roll outs my child.
Bless.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Do standing ab-wheel roll outs my child.
Bless.

Thank you for blessing this Jew with your holy wisdom. I'll give those a try, always mired the exercise.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
jamiee321 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a quick one:

1) Kneeling rope crunches
2) V-crunches on the bench
3) roll outs
Repeat each exercise 20 times for 3 rounds

I've also been loving this one: https://blog.dukesgym.com.au/blog/workout-awesome-abs/
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@jamiee321 you plan on being a real contributor here or just spamming every thread you can with links to your site? -3X
Post 16 • IP   flag post
337878 16 16
destitute