SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum
jostrosky private msg quote post Address this user
Okay I am a teacher and have not put on my Khaki pants or any of my pants since May. Over the summer i have been working my ass off trying to gain some poundage and ran into a rock in a hard place. So I have gained some great muscle and strength (I am 280lbs @ 6'6) but now I literally cannot pull ANY of my pants over my thigh they look like they are painted on. I tried them on the night before school started and literally had to go out and went to like 8 stores trying to find a pair of pants with 34 inch length. I had to go to a size 38 x 34 loose in the waist but tight in the thighs. Does anybody have any solutions on where to get their pants? I know that i am going to go for the Levi 541's jeans, but khakis any suggestions. Also should i lower my rep range and up the weight for strength and no so much hypertrophy range that i have been doing. Thoughts
Post 1 • IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
6'6 280lbs...Jesus your big as shit bro! Fuck wearing jeans, wear sweat pants all day, everyday!

In all seriousness, have you tried sizing up on jeans, then taking the pair to a tailor to have the jeans altered to fit you better, to your specific body?

If you look elsewhere online there are jeans with 36 inseam but may be a bit pricier. These sites will have exact measurements for inseam, leg opening and thigh size.

Nudie jeans comes to mind, they have a wide variety of fits with 36 inseam.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@forgottenpass haha....yeah I am a big dude and I'm sitting at 15%. It's hard to find pant/jeans because they expect tall people to be skinny asses. I am going to try the Levi 541 because they are made with a little elastic in them. It's the issue of the pants for school when I teach. Getting stuff altered is expensive as fuck and I have already gone up in size with the 38 waist size. I have given my legs a little break but don't want them to get weak just curious if I work the other fibers would I keep strength and shrink the size? This aspect alway confused me because fibers will grow no matter what
Post 3 • IP   flag post
wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Levis 569 Loose are the way to go. They're the only jeans that work for my ass and thighs without being too big in the waist. I have other jeans that I've had to up-size on the waist and cut an extra button hole in them to tighten them up a bit. It's not noticeable if you don't tuck your shirt in. I don't like belts ...

For khakis, I'm not sure. I usually wear cargo style pants when I'm not in jeans and they're usually much more baggy in the leg than regular khakis.

Have you tried Big % Tall stores like DXL? Or fancier more of a suit style slack?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular haven't tried DXL. I literally started school on Thursday so haven't had much time to shop around. Might shops around this weekend. We have an out let store with a Levi store there so I'll go there fist and try the 569s as well
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Salokin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jostrosky
I'm sitting at 15%

(skeptical eyebrow raise)
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Salokin Why a skeptical eyebrow??
Post 7 • IP   flag post
15% bf at 280lbs would put your LBM at 238lbs.

Rob Gronkowski is 6'6" 265lbs, probably 8-10% bodyfat.

I just found it skeptical that you are at about the same lean body mass as a guy who works out and practices everyday.
I'm not saying its not possible, I was just skeptical.

We've all been guilty of thinking we're a bit lower than we actually are. Just saying, not finger pointing.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Salokin Practice, no i Coach Lacrosse don't practice. And I am not trying to impress anyone but i am that size my avatar is when i was like 240lb. Here is a photo i have of me watching my daughter play at the pool. You can determine BF% i am just going by my Tanita Scale ( not that accurate)

Post 9 • IP   flag post
Yeah dude, i'd say you're pretty spot on.
Nice job.

If you're 280 in that picture you're pretty solid.

I take back my skeptical eyebrow; you know how things typically are with many guys online.
Most guys complaining about pants issues is just because their legs are too fat or they're trying to squeeze into skinny jeans.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Salokin Thanks man i try pretty hard especially with that little girl and we just had my son on 4th of July. Its very hard to put on solid muscle and get strong at my height. I don't one rep max but my current lifts that i got this week were bench 315 x 7 at highest set and squat 315 x 5 highest set, don't really dead lift that much.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
337878 11 11
destitute