SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum
FeedMe private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone ever try to cut with high carbs, moderate protein and low fat? Tried low carbs but got bad headaches until I increased the carbs then headaches went away, just wondering if there is any downside to cutting with High carbs?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
FeedMe, when you tried low cards did you make sure that your fat intake was on point (at least 0.4g/pound of body weight)? Are you sure your body was well hydrated?

Your suggestion could work for an endurance athlete (e.g., marathon runner) that doesn't need or need to maintain a lot of muscle mass but for a body builder it seems less than ideal since your goal is to maintain muscle mass.

In general, losing weight requires taking in fewer calories than your body needs regardless of the macro ratios. But to maintain muscle mass your body needs a certain amount of fat and protein. Usually, the only way to (1) be in a caloric deficit and (2) get the ideal amount of fat and protein is to reduce carbs.

What is your current weight and ideal weight?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
My current weight is 81 kg at 15 per cent body fat but dont know how accurate body fat is. I want to cut down until I get to 76 or 77 kg then start another clean bulk.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
OP- what do you consider low carb? I've never dieted down with less than 100-150 grams of carbs/day, but likewise never had success going much over that. -EK
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I was cutting with 150 carbs and high protein and then 25 per cent of daily calories from fat. But with this I am cutting with 265 carbs, moderate protein and low fat. Might try the low carbs again, since @mikew said I would loose muscle mass from doing high carb cut.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
283151 5 5
destitute