SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum
lifting17 private msg quote post Address this user
So ive been reading alot (mostly from scott lapieres Q and A) about staying inthe 4-6 rep range for all exercises. i think that makes sence on stuff like bench and squat and most compound exercises, but what about stuff like curls, tricep ext., laterall raises, pec fly.etc.
also it says to really focus on the negative part of the lift. should i also do think for those isolation exercises?
Would love some responses?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Ethan7X private msg quote post Address this user
You should NOT DO 4-6 reps for all exercises.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Euro7star private msg quote post Address this user
Work out until you cant lift the weight up anymore, and then cheat. You need to aim for the pump, it kinda feels like your body is stiff. Youll know how it is when it happens lol Get the pump and continue as much as you can. You gotta punish those muscles, your body is very stubborn but your mind knows whats up.

I wouldnt even bother counting reps, but i do it because its a habit. Youll feel it when you should stop.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
You need to "aim for the pump" ?

Broscience...

Sigh...
Post 4 • IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7star
Work out until you cant lift the weight up anymore, and then cheat. You need to aim for the pump, it kinda feels like your body is stiff. Youll know how it is when it happens lol Get the pump and continue as much as you can. You gotta punish those muscles, your body is very stubborn but your mind knows whats up.

I wouldnt even bother counting reps, but i do it because its a habit. Youll feel it when you should stop.

holy fucking god.

head

exploding

in

boom
Post 5 • IP   flag post
a
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Euro7star private msg quote post Address this user
Not Broscience, thats the Golden Age bodybuilding philosophy. Arnold and everyone else he competed with aim mainly for the pump, blood to the muscle. You do know blood is made out of proteins right? Dont critisize my knowledge and i wont critisize yours.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
anti-steroids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan7X

Broscience...

Sigh...

this!also whats with this I need to beat the crap out of myself to see progress NOT TRUE
Post 8 • IP   flag post
LittleDragon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I find the "pump" is a good sign that you're training hard. The burn is a killer too. Sometimes I go into the gym just chasing a crazy burn and pump - I'll hit the burn/pump first set and maintain for an hour. Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan7X

Broscience...

Sigh...

Depends on what the OP's goal is. We haven't established that, yet.

To the OP - from what I've read over the years staying under 6 reps will promote strength.
I don't see why doing 6 reps for curls would be bad. I can already imagine an awesome burn if you concentrate on the negative!
Experiement with it and let us know if your 12 rep max goes up after a couple weeks!??
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Not Broscience, thats the Golden Age bodybuilding philosophy. Arnold and everyone else he competed with aim mainly for the pump, blood to the muscle. You do know blood is made out of proteins right? Dont critisize my knowledge and i wont critisize yours.

Your knowledge sucks, and you know nothing. Please just stop talking.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
270170 10 10
destitute