SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum
Bench PressDOMS

post bench press sore back2589

mikestheguy 261 private msg quote post Address this user
After someone suggested a link "so you think you can squat?" on youtube by EliteFTS i came across "so you think you can bench?" as well. It corrected some form issues that i had with the bench press. Yesterday I did a heavy bench workout (5x5) and today my back is rather sore, ranging from the rhomboids down the paraspinals and into the lats a little. They mentioned something about a sore back but I was wondering if anyone had in comments on the matter? Should that many areas of my back be sore?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
eknight 37,375 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. Most people do not engage their back correctly when benching- the fact tat you're sore means you worked those muscles in way that you're not used to doing, but it's nothing to worry about. -EK
Post 2 • IP   flag post
dwatson 26,433 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestheguy
After someone suggested a link "so you think you can squat?" on youtube by EliteFTS i came across "so you think you can bench?" as well. It corrected some form issues that i had with the bench press. Yesterday I did a heavy bench workout (5x5) and today my back is rather sore, ranging from the rhomboids down the paraspinals and into the lats a little. They mentioned something about a sore back but I was wondering if anyone had in comments on the matter? Should that many areas of my back be sore?

What was the link??
Post 3 • IP   flag post
mikestheguy 261 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't remember what the link was but go to youtube and type in: "so you think you can squat?" or "so you think you can bench?" and it comes up with a series of videos of guys from EliteFitnessSystems correcting peoples form.

Here's the link to the bench pressing:
clickable text
Post 4 • IP   flag post

-EK
Post 5 • IP   flag post
mikew 7,563 private msg quote post Address this user
The Elite FTS vids on youtube are fucking great.

This video is good too:

Post 6 • IP   flag post
mikew 7,563 private msg quote post Address this user
Another good Dave Tate video

Post 7 • IP   flag post
EK wishes he had Tate's form. I might've hit 500 lol. -EK
Post 8 • IP   flag post
243231 8 8
destitute