SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum
Zeezilla private msg quote post Address this user
my mate told me doing squats will help my upper body grow quicker aswell...is this true?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Italian_Pride private msg quote post Address this user
yes because squats release free testosterone and GH (growth hormone) output in your body which in turn leads to overall muscle development and growth, start squatting ASAP bro
Post 2 • IP   flag post
JoJo private msg quote post Address this user
I heard some brosef on bodybuilding.com say that the GH released from squatting is miniscule compared to the GH normally released.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Ethan7X private msg quote post Address this user
The myth about squatting releasing GH and testosterone has been debunked many times.Although it is true that it does that, the amount is so small..It does not help your Upper Body Grow

Squatting is important because it hits so many big muscles at once, that when the hypertrophy occurs, you will gain more mass than if say you got more muscle in just your biceps.

This mass will inevitably cause higher weight gain since it is in your Quads/Hamstrings/Glutes/Lower Back/Abs/etc.

When you weigh more, your upper body performs better because higher weight or mass pushes more weight. Pushing higher resistance equals progressive overload, hence a reason for muscles to grow and get bigger.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/physiological-elevation-of-endogenous-hormones-results-in-superior-strength-training-adaptations-research-review.html

fun little research article
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Zeezilla private msg quote post Address this user
thnx
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeezilla
my mate told me doing squats will help my upper body grow quicker aswell...is this true?

Yes And it will make your Bawls bigger as well as long as you go low enough your bawls touch the flo
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Lol. As much as I would like to believe Squats directly make your Upper Body bigger, they don't, and it has been scientifically proven. Look up Layne Norton's research into HGH/testosterone release from Squats affecting Upper Body growth.

It does indirectly help in the following way though:

1) Squat - works tons of the big muscles in your body
2) Your big muscles Hypertrophy and rebuild(legs,butt,etc)
3) You gain tons of muscle mass = body weight
4) When you weigh more, you can push more weight
5) Pushing more weight in Upper Body because of +Lbs
6) Profit because now your Upper Body has more overload
7) Your Upper Body now grows more from going heavier
8) All around Lol's & Profit everywhere

Working our your biceps which make less than 3% of your muscle mass won't add nearly as much weight as your Quads/Hamstrings/Lower Back/Butt which are **HUGE** muscles that gain tons of muscle mass, and add tons of weight. When you weigh more because of the extra muscle mass there from Squats, your Upper body can push more weight simply because you weigh more. The result is faster Upper Body development from the extra mass in other parts in your body.

This doesn't mean that Squats DIRECTLY give you better muscle growth upper body due to HGH/testosterone or whatever B/S.

Regardless, you should do them..
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan7X

Not eggzactly true brah..In fact weighing more doesn mean you can lift more at all...Also gaining size in your legs doesn allow you to lift more with your chest brah strong Brologic there hahahaha regardless you should do them...Strong that
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayz87
Quote:

Not eggzactly true brah..In fact weighing more doesn mean you can lift more at all...Also gaining size in your legs doesn allow you to lift more with your chest brah strong Brologic there hahahaha regardless you should do them...Strong that

That's incorrect. When you weigh more, you have more weight to push or pull an object, regardless if it is muscle or not.

That's why the fatter you are, the more weight you can push. I don't know how you didn't know this. It's one of the main reasons of bulking besides the tons of others.

Ever wonder why there are weight classes in competitions?

It's not because the fatter guy has more muscle necessarily,it's because more water and fat still produces extra force. It's straight pure Physics man.

Did you know the average untrained 300 pound male can Squat 225+ on their first attempt ? An average untrained 150pound male would be lucky to hit 135.

Trust me, there was a 400 pound guy at my high school. He Never touched a weight in his life and looked like a massive blob of fat.

The first time he ever did Squats in the football locker room, he could do 250, while all the other teenagers in the 100-170 range could barely break 135-150.

That was pure anecdotal evidence, so you can disregard it.

The point is - Physics is Physics.

More weight does equal more weight pushed.

On days that you weigh an extra 5 pounds in water, you can push more weight or reps than when you lose the 5 pounds. Don't believe me? Try it out yourself.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Italian_Pride private msg quote post Address this user
I dont really think that its all broscience saying that squats dont release free test or increase GH output, thats been proven scientifically, and if it is all broscience I'll stick to what I've heard haha,

Squats = More Test and GH = GOOD
Post 11 • IP   flag post
JoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Did you know the average untrained 300 pound male can Squat 225+ on their first attempt ? An average untrained 150pound male would be lucky to hit 135.

Trust me, there was a 400 pound guy at my high school. He Never touched a weight in his life and looked like a massive blob of fat.

The first time he ever did Squats in the football locker room, he could do 250, while all the other teenagers in the 100-170 range could barely break 135-150.

He probably bounced the weight off his jiggly fat. The fat over his traps made it so comfortable to do squats.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's incorrect. When you weigh more, you have more weight to push or pull an object, regardless if it is muscle or not.

That's why the fatter you are, the more weight you can push. I don't know how you didn't know this. It's one of the main reasons of bulking besides the tons of others.

Ever wonder why there are weight classes in competitions?

It's not because the fatter guy has more muscle necessarily,it's because more water and fat still produces extra force. It's straight pure Physics man.

That was pure anecdotal evidence, so you can disregard it.

The point is - Physics is Physics.

More weight does equal more weight pushed.

On days that you weigh an extra 5 pounds in water, you can push more weight or reps than when you lose the 5 pounds. Don't believe me? Try it out yourself.

No way in hell brah...Thats STRONGG BROSCIENCE STRONG!!!

Faf dude look u just said a 400 lb guy can do a 225lb squat easy....WELL DUH!!!!! nigga!!! He Fuggin weighs 400lbs!! that means he is doing 400lbs for REPS ON REPS ON REPS ON REPS ON REPS ONNNNNN REEEPPPPSSS errday all day son!!! He sure as fuark better be able to squat only like Half his body weight brah faf faf faf!!! Dude strong bro logic more weight means you can push and pull more??? Strong Wrong! hahahaha drink 5lbs of water and watch my lifts go up?!?! ETHAN!!! Ima half to tell you to slap yo self for that one!!! Nah brah nah....And hahaha dude what is more impressive...that a 400lb guy can do 55% his weight or that a 150lb guy guy can squat 85% his own weight?!? Ya see where ya done fugged up my brah??? ; ) its ok we all do sometimes brah!

But ya its obvious a fat person is gunna lift more then a skinny person as far as weights go...But who is doing more??? ALWAYS the guy who is lifting more for what he weighs!!! I consider my self stronger then a 400lb man who can squat 400lbs...Because I can squat 305 at 165....almost TWICE my body weight...And please explain the science how if I gain 20lbs of fat I can all of the sudden Bench more?!?!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Quote:

No way in hell brah...Thats STRONGG BROSCIENCE STRONG!!!

Faf dude look u just said a 400 lb guy can do a 225lb squat easy....WELL DUH!!!!! nigga!!! He Fuggin weighs 400lbs!! that means he is doing 400lbs for REPS ON REPS ON REPS ON REPS ON REPS ONNNNNN REEEPPPPSSS errday all day son!!! He sure as fuark better be able to squat only like Half his body weight brah faf faf faf!!! Dude strong bro logic more weight means you can push and pull more??? Strong Wrong! hahahaha drink 5lbs of water and watch my lifts go up?!?! ETHAN!!! Ima half to tell you to slap yo self for that one!!! Nah brah nah....And hahaha dude what is more impressive...that a 400lb guy can do 55% his weight or that a 150lb guy guy can squat 85% his own weight?!? Ya see where ya done fugged up my brah??? ; ) its ok we all do sometimes brah!

But ya its obvious a fat person is gunna lift more then a skinny person as far as weights go...But who is doing more??? ALWAYS the guy who is lifting more for what he weighs!!! I consider my self stronger then a 400lb man who can squat 400lbs...Because I can squat 305 at 165....almost TWICE my body weight...And please explain the science how if I gain 20lbs of fat I can all of the sudden Bench more?!?!

Wait a minute..

You just admitted that an untrained 400pound guy will Squat more than an untrained 150pound guy.

You just proved my point..

I fail to see what I need to explain now.

Thanks for agreeing with me. The more you weigh, the more weight you can do

lmfao
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian_Pride
I dont really think that its all broscience saying that squats dont release free test or increase GH output, thats been proven scientifically, and if it is all broscience I'll stick to what I've heard haha,

Squats = More Test and GH = GOOD

Squats do release free test and increase GH output. What it will do for your Upper Body is essentially equivelant to nothing.

You don't need to listen to me.

You can listen to Layne Norton, PhD. The guy who is famous on SS and TBB, and does these studies in a laboratory environment with a PhD background. He also is probably 5X your size.

It's not like we all "feel" like believing that Squats don't help your Upper Body grow through GH & Test.

I would love for that to be true, and love to believe that.

But that doesn't mean I should logically believe it's true, when it's a fallacy.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@ Ethan.....

Yes yes u are the Blackie
Post 16 • IP   flag post
rzr617 private msg quote post Address this user
i've found that when i started hitting squats really heavy my upper body started gaining more mass also.

In my opinion just try it and see what works for you

as far as research goes you can find just as many "articles/research papers" saying one thing as you can the other. lab tests are just supported they can never be truly proven. so one persons body may react one way and anothers in another way.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
270117 17 17
destitute