SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum
CompetingCuttingDiet AdviceLayne Norton

Layne Norton Ultimate Cutting guide question4002

alexmuller private msg quote post Address this user
As some of you may know I am busy with contest prep, and since it is my first time I am spending tons of my time researching dieting and prep tips and guides.

I came across Layne Norton Ultimate Cutting guide on SS (dont know how I missed it before)
http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-norton-the-most-effective-cutting-diet.html

And I was looking through it and crunching the numbers and these are the numbers I got according to what he says, but I personally think it is very low in calories and fat??

What do you guys think??

What Layne suggests
protein 240g = 960cal
Fat 48g = 432cal
Carbs 192g = 768cal

Total = 2160

What I am doing
protein 270g = 1080cal
fat 80g = 720cal
carbs 270g = 1080

Total = 2880

What are your guys thoughts on this?? Am i consuming too much, or is Layne Guide too little??
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Jusu private msg quote post Address this user
Well has your bf dropped with those 2880kcals? If answer is yes, then I'd go with it because too little calories will burn too much muscle. If you haven't dropped pounds then you should reduce your calorie intake.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusu
Well has your bf dropped with those 2880kcals? If answer is yes, then I'd go with it because too little calories will burn too much muscle. If you haven't dropped pounds then you should reduce your calorie intake.

Iv lost about 4% bf since iv started cutting. In the beginning I was using 300 carbs, but eventually dropped it to 270. Thats why I was a bit confused. 700cal less than what im eating is quite a bit!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Thor private msg quote post Address this user
4% BF is pretty significant. If you're seeing results on the calorie deficit you're at and those results are tracking to get you on target, stick at it.

The worst thing is to be competition ready a week or more out. Gradual loss is best.

(Edit - just wanted to point out that a few aspects of his article now represent old science - not bad at all, you'll still see results.)
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Ok so I should just stick to what I am doing.

Thanks guys
Post 5 • IP   flag post
278177 5 5
destitute