SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum
AbsArmsBackBulkingChestLegsPhysique

Planet fitness is worthless6528

LiftnPandaGang private msg quote post Address this user
So the planet fitness near my house decided to revamp the weightroom which I was initally excited for. However, yesterday was leg day and I went in to kill the squat rack. Come to find out the "revamping" they did was eliminating the free weight squat/bench. When I asked an eployee he said it was a national corporate decision. My reply was "well that sucks" and his reply to that was "well its actually a good thing for most people". I wanted to fucking hit him. Now im looking in to a new gym. Moral of the story is fuck planet fitness and their bullshit "everyone looks great" mentatlity.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Diaz private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftnPandaGang
So the planet fitness near my house decided to revamp the weightroom which I was initally excited for. However, yesterday was leg day and I went in to kill the squat rack. Come to find out the "revamping" they did was eliminating the free weight squat/bench. When I asked an eployee he said it was a national corporate decision. My reply was "u are 1 fuking cheeky kunt mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life " and his reply to that was "well its actually a good thing for most people". I wanted to fucking hit him. Now im looking in to a new gym. Moral of the story is fuck planet fitness and their bullshit "everyone looks great" mentatlity.

I would've liked this scenario better

But wow ! They're on that phaggytime cuz
Post 2 • IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
yah. FUck them
Post 3 • IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
I mean business are allowed to do what ever they wanna do and there allowed too... but its faurked haha
Post 4 • IP   flag post
NJA82 private msg quote post Address this user
Some "bro" probably injured his back and filed a law suit against them because he tried to squat for the first time and thought 200kg would be a good starting weight after watching a few powerlifting videos....
Post 5 • IP   flag post
seansm10 private msg quote post Address this user
^ he probably thought his leg press weight directly corresponded to squat weights. all the while probably pushing on his knees with his hands so he could move more weight!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Sidewinder private msg quote post Address this user
Planet Fitness is for people who want to get "toned". It's not for bodybuilding. They have rules against bodybuilding like no grunting and no clanging weights.

Post 7 • IP   flag post
b23ketball4life private msg quote post Address this user
Screw planet fitness its not even a gym
Post 8 • IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
@sidewinder lol
Post 9 • IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
Planet Fitness needs to go in the general direction off and fuck. In a lot of planet fitness gyms they dont allow deadlifting which is stupid
Post 10 • IP   flag post
GoldenDomer private msg quote post Address this user
Planet Fitness is like Curves for women!!! A joke of a gym!!!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to say I've done the same thing but then I wouldn't have been retarded enough to sign a contract with a Planet Fitness in the first place.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Nobody forces you guys to go to PF. I'm amazed that you can live with such blinders on that you don't realize the majority of people that work out are not bodybuilders and don't ever wish to be. If you want to train in a gym, find a gym; don't go to a health club (that's a health club and NOT a gym) and then bitch about it being a health club. That's ridiculous. -3X
Post 13 • IP   flag post
SimplyHarvey private msg quote post Address this user
While the gym I used to train at didn't completely remove all of their squat racks like Planet Fitness they did halve them and reduce the number of dumbbells to accomodate more cross training machines.

It is infuriating, but as eknight has suggested it is merely a reflection of the place you are training. If you are at a fitness or health club don't expect to be provided with the creature comforts of an old school power lifting gym with iron and not much else
Post 14 • IP   flag post
LiftnPandaGang private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight @kickinchicken When I signed the contract they had 2 free weight squat racks and 4 flat free weight bench presses. It was enough of a gym for me to get shit done, I wouldnt consider myself a body builder. Also, planet fitness is only two minutes from my apartment, Golds (which was bought out) is thirty minutes from my place. Obviously Planet Fitness is not a "serious gym" but replacing the free weights to add one or two extra smith machines is fucking stupid. They should atleast have a way to terminate your contract after pulling such bullshit.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
I have a PF membership cause its so close; however, I also have a YMCA membership for leg day. My office also has a gym, but its weak. Just gotta find a way to get it done. Its been about a year and I've only been reprimanded once at PF lolz. Gotta set the weights down eassyyy as to not make a peep
Post 16 • IP   flag post
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@LiftnPandaGang I understand what you're saying here, but it's not PF fault that you don't live closer to Gold's. It was your choice- completely of free will- to train there and not drive the 30 minutes to Gold's. I had the same option, and I chose to drive to a gym that I felt would meet my needs better. As far as I know, the local PF runs month to month (unless you're a "Black member" ) and actually DOES allow you to cancel your membership. Have you asked them? -3X
Post 17 • IP   flag post
278278 17 17
destitute