SimplyShredded.com - Body Building Forum
SimplyShredded.com Forum
Supplements

Cellucor C4 tests positive for amphetamines7846

kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
I was handed this message sent to members of the military by SGM Lunsford, Steven L, CSGM USMC yesterday at work and this is what it says...

"Leaders,
I'm sending this out as education for the masses. The supplement 'C4 Extreme' by Cellucor is currently the potential culprit affecting the future of a Marine and Sailor in this command. They tested positive (D-Amphetamine; high powered stimulant found in Adderall a Schedule 1 Drug)on the Battalion's last urinalyses test for a substance that may be found in this supplement. Both Marines vehemently deny any wrong doing and both utilized this supplement. You can see the warning label on the supplement cautioning members of the Armed Services against utilizing this product if they are subject to urinalysis testing. This product is sold inside GNC at the MCX. Per the Manual for Courts Martial no one really cares how the service members ingested the substance or where they obtained it. They are still being processed and are currently at Base Legal determining their options. Please educate your Marines on the risks they take by consuming
supplements."

So I find it funny that it is sold at the GNC on post. It's still not being banned for military members. Although, I would think that to test positive for amphetamines you would have to take way over the recommended amount anyway.

Also also wik...

The label reads...quote:

Due to the unique restrictions of amateur and professional sports organizations (e.g. WADA, NCAA, NFL, MLB, NBA, UIL, etc.), it is recommended that you consult with the appropriate governing body before taking this or any other dietary supplement product. This product contains 1,3-Dimethylamylamine (also known as Methylhexaneamine), which is banned by some sports organizations.

Have labels and ingrediants like these been included on other pre workout supp's as well?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
Yes Jacked3D was tested to be a mild anphetamine; i tried that stuff and it didnt give me much compare to C4 so fuck knows if and how much is in C4.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Both products (c4 and 1mr) used to contain 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, but have since been reformulated with that component removed due to federal ban.

If they're still selling the old one with 1,3-dimeth in it on the military base they are in violation of federal law.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Monster81 private msg quote post Address this user
Not only will they sell that shit in the GNC on post, they were selling shit IN the BX/PX itself before. Idiots. It takes them a while to pull supplements that get banned.

@wannabe, agreed, but they still will prosecute the military members unless a miracle happens. the UCMJ is right/wrong, no middle ground whatsoever.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Shouldn't you have to take a ton of the stuff though to piss hot for amphetamines? It's ridiculous that they would separate anyone from the military if there is just reasoning. But I guess if you want a quick way out... lol
Post 5 • IP   flag post
MikeCellucor private msg quote post Address this user
Here is the short and sweet version of the reply we released.

" C4 Extreme was not responsible for the positive drug tests that were reported. C4 Extreme will not cause you to test positive for an illegal stimulant. Prior to the allegation that C4 Extreme was responsible for two members of the armed forces testing positive for a prohibited stimulant, Cellucor had never received a single report of C4 Extreme causing a positive drug test, despite hundreds of thousands of units sold on military bases across the country, through exchanges and GNC military stores. Cellucor submitted information to the military, along with a report from a renowned analytical laboratory indicating that they tested samples of C4 Extreme and no stimulants were detected. Cellucor has been circulating this information to all of the appropriate parties in the military but unfortunately there seems to continue to be misinformation spreading to the individual bases. "

If you have any concerns or questions you can email me at mulisse@cellucor.com.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
^^ so C4 did not contain 1,3 Dimeth?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
I believe its over a year now since we removed 1,3 Dimeth from C4, and we even took back a large amount from the shelf and disposed of it. That was a sad day, lol. We even discontinued P6 black back in the day a year prior to the PH ban. We have always been careful, and customer safety is always a priority.

At the same time 1,3 was abused throughout the industry. We used 10mg per serving of C4, and I believe it was one of the lowest of all the 1,3 containing products.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Right, so it is conceivable that some storefronts still had/have inventory and are selling the old version. The old version with the 1,3 dimeth could cause a positive test for amphetamines, correct?

For what it's worth, I'd rather the new C4 not have the synephrine. I think it's ineffective and possibly contributes to adrenal burnout.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Oh, and thanks for joining and representing your companies product. There are a lot of guys on here that love c4.

I'm using the watermelon flavor now myself.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
Oh, and thanks for joining and representing your companies product. There are a lot of guys on here that love c4.

I'm using the watermelon flavor now myself.

Haha yes. And responding quickly. I'm impressed
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Mike, this is you, right: BodySpace. You hooked me up with free stuff a few years ago over on bb.com forums. Good guy!
Post 12 • IP   flag post
the critique is noted, and Im personally 50-50 on synephrine (It seems to make a difference for a lot of people, though). I only get to dabble in formulations. I tend to help with the research side, and initial concepts.

I ran the beta tests for the original and redesigned C4 though. That was a great experience, and the fact C4 is doing so well I really believe it was user feedback over that 3 rounds of testing we did tjat helped C4 become what it is today in popularity. We built in the customer critique before the final version, lol.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Mike, this is you, right: BodySpace. You hooked me up with free stuff a few years ago over on bb.com forums.

Yup, that is me or is it myself?

No worries, I wish I could post on every forum all the time. You guys are more than welcome to hit me up to come and post. I didnt read the forum rules, but I'd def. do some giveaways around here if I can.

Some green apple and strawberry margarita reviews are needed. Just hit me with a PM, or let me know Im violating forum rules, lol.

AM cardio..I gotta crash for the evening, but Ill check back in once I get to the office.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Cool deal man. Stick around.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@MikeCellucor I'm no mod. But I don't foresee your suggestions to be against any rules

It could possibly bring more interaction IMO

As long as you don't spam cellucor adds in every thread I would imagine it would be ok!
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@NorIda Its all good, pimpin' product is not really my style. I like to think of myself as a resource for you guys, and people who are on the fence about our products.

We have some really excellent products and specials on the way on the likes of bb.com, and wouldn't want you guys to miss out.

@wannabemuscular Watermelon is number one seller right now, and you will really dig Green Apple. It has that same jolly rancher quality. Between Green Apple and Cinnamon Swirl COR-Whey in my oats its getting hard to fit in coffee and eggs for breakfast, lol.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCellucor
@NorIda Its all good, pimpin' product is not really my style. I like to think of myself as a resource for you guys, and people who are on the fence about our products.

We have some really excellent products and specials on the way on the likes of bb.com, and wouldn't want you guys to miss out.

@wannabemuscular Watermelon is number one seller right now, and you will really dig Green Apple. It has that same jolly rancher quality. Between Green Apple and Cinnamon Swirl COR-Whey in my oats its getting hard to fit in coffee and eggs for breakfast, lol.

I love the watermelon, now I can't wait for green apple and Cinnamon. It's like Cellucor is purposly trying to hit my sweet tooth.

Are there any other idea for new products being thrown around at the time?
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Maarten private msg quote post Address this user
I've never even tried C4 before. It looks like my regular online store is sorta hinding it, also never really heard of it before. (I'm from Belgium).
Only Cellucor products which are sold here are C4 & WS1 extreme.

Also one question, why creatine nitrate and not the good old monohydrate?

But I'm definitely going to try it when I'm finished with my other PWO.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
I get my C4 of ebay and only get orange flavour which is quite shit but I love the product. Hopefully apple will become popular and it will start selling on ebay!
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinchicken
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCellucor

I love the watermelon, now I can't wait for green apple and Cinnamon. It's like Cellucor is purposly trying to hit my sweet tooth.

Are there any other idea for new products being thrown around at the time?

We have M5 reloaded that will be a big part of the new line up. That will potentially have beta testing over the next 4-6 weeks.

Strawberry Milkshake should be available soon for the COR-Whey reviews as well. Just waiting on some updates from HQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maarten
I've never even tried C4 before. It looks like my regular online store is sorta hinding it, also never really heard of it before. (I'm from Belgium).
Only Cellucor products which are sold here are C4 & WS1 extreme.

Also one question, why creatine nitrate and not the good old monohydrate?

But I'm definitely going to try it when I'm finished with my other PWO.

Creatine Nitrate is super water soluble and practically tasteless. So, its an amazing delivery for the Nitrates which help with the "pump", and increasing blood-flow to the muscle tissues. Originally, we did not have Arginine Nitrate, so Creatine Nitrate was our preferred choice, and it has always performed really well when people add another creatine on top. Creatine Monohydrate is what we use in our COR-Creatine ( something that will probably have international approval at some point soon.) You should be able to check it out on BB.com.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
^^ I'd be down for the Strawberry Milkshake! I love a good strawberry flavor protein.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular I've never been a fan of strawberry milk, so I can't imagine I would enjoy Strawberry Protein.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
AestheticBrah private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AarronStenner
I get my C4 of ebay and only get orange flavour which is quite shit but I love the product. Hopefully apple will become popular and it will start selling on ebay!

Yeah i buy from same guy. only costs like 21$ right?
Post 24 • IP   flag post
Quote:
^^ I'd be down for the Strawberry Milkshake! I love a good strawberry flavor protein.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
@wannabemuscular I've never been a fan of strawberry milk, so I can't imagine I would enjoy Strawberry Protein.

To each their own I believe, love or hate there is at least 1 or 2 flavors of COR-Whey to make anyone happy. PB and Cinnamon are practically invincible to the skeptics!! Ill make sure to drop some of each flavor around to different members, and maybe we can do a COR-Whey roundtable thread instead of a dozen different review threads. Waiting for the mods permissions to run a promo. Im still the new guy round here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AestheticBrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AarronStenner

Yeah i buy from same guy. only costs like 21$ right?

We cannot guarantee the product on Ebay thats all. Amazon usually we can guarantee product, but I have to mention on Ebay, we have had counterfeit, and un-authorized sales in countless numbers. Just be careful when purchasing outside of our certified distribution system.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
EFJK private msg quote post Address this user
The title of this scared me for a second, seeing as how I read it at 5am this morning and was not fully awake yet to remember the change to many pre-workout formulas a year ago.

Love the C4 Mike! Just got my 3rd tub of pre-workouts (my 2nd of C4) ever and love it..went with Blue Raspberry flavor this time.

I bet the green apple would taste great..not so sure about a margarita flavored one..could be the perfect drink mixer though?
Post 26 • IP   flag post
@MikeCellucor To each their own for sure!
Post 27 • IP   flag post
We joked about the Staw/Marg flavor, ( Just add tequila, lol).

Its actually pretty refreshing of a change from the usual flavors. I think those who are not into the green apple or watermelon jolly rancher type flavor, then they will dig the Strawberry Margarita. Cherry Limeaid never came to fruition, but that was another one that I got to taste test, hopefully for M5 we do it again.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@AestheticBrah Well for me £25 ish for a 60 serving tub
Post 29 • IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Just an update - MikeW and i have been in contact with MikeCellucor. We are trying to piece some stuff together and get a new/similar thread stickied. Its in progress, not guaranteed but we are trying to discuss and approach that can benefit both Cellucor and Simply Shredded regarding this thread.
Post 30 • IP   flag post
282903 43 30
destitute